Sunday, June 21, 2009

Roof almost finished

The builders have successfully tackled the front part of the roof. It is now almost complete apart from a few finishing touches and the installation of the shingles.
Despite the weather being cold and wet, I managed to finish paining the eaves and weatherboards before the scaffolding was taken down. I'm pretty happy with the end result.
Dormer and West gable completed.

Most of the scaffolding has now been removed.

Last week I had a few consultations on site with the builder about he roof form at the front of the house. It is important to have a strong working relationship with a builder to achieve a good result. This part of the roof was always going to be tricky. I decided not to detail it too much on my drawings but instead built a scale model of it for the builder to refer to on site. The scale model, some technical discussions and a bit of arm waving got the result we were after.

This is what remains of the scaffolding.

That's all for now. Better get back to drawing houses.


  1. It really has a lovely Facade.
    It looks great!
    Good idea to make use of the Scaffolding whilst it was there.
    Painting....Uh! How I hate painting!